Published Resources Details Journal Article
- Dockyard notes
- The Engineer
- vol. 89, 12, p. 37
The torpedo boat destroyer Viper built by Parsons Marine Steam Turbine Company, Limited, Wallsend-on-Tyne, for the British Government, underwent her second preliminary trial on the 11th of January, 1900, in the presence of leading Admiralty officials, the chairman of the company Mr. C. J. Leyland, and the managing director, the Hon. C. A. Parsons. A mean speed of 34.8 knots was maintained four consecutive runs on the measured mile, the highest speed attained was 35.5 knots.